Great organizations are powered by great people.
We can help you find your next star employees or train your newest lawyers.
WHY THE CERTIFICATE MAKES A DIFFERENCE
You can be confident that when you select a candidate with the Thomson Reuters Legal Advancement Certificate you are hiring someone with the qualifications and the day-to-day practical skills you need. Four months of independent study, combined with a rigorous final assessment, ensures students will be better equipped to hit the ground running.
From day one, they will quickly be able to add real value to your firm. Your training costs will be reduced and your new recruits will be able to adapt faster to the demands of working in one of the world’s most challenging and fascinating industries.
WHAT WILL PARTICIPANTS LEARN?
We provide young legal professionals with a set of frameworks and best practices for succeeding in the workplace, whether it’s a law firm, corporate in-house department, or other legal-oriented firm. We do this through ‘learning by doing’ – challenging them to apply their knowledge and skills to real-world legal situations. The Program focuses on developing awareness and practical legal skills in the following areas:
- Contract Drafting: Understanding client objectives and modifying contracts to meet these objectives. Critically analyzing and amending contracts from the other side. Drafting simple agreements in a clear, concise, and accurate way.
- Legal Writing: Writing clear and persuasive legal documents. Learning how to structure professional emails, and preparing management reports and file notes.
- Legal Research: Maximizing the effectiveness of legal research through preparing search criteria, validating sources, and properly summarizing findings. In-depth experience using Westlaw India, Thomson Reuters’ powerful online legal information product.
- Trial Advocacy: Deepening knowledge of interim advocacy and interlocutories. Preparing persuasive arguments, and learning how to expose weaknesses in the opposing party’s argument. Understanding the proper etiquette in advocacy.
- Civil Procedure: Gaining foundational knowledge of the civil procedure courts in India. Learning about other resolution options such as arbitration, and understanding the rules that govern all the institutions.
INTERESTED IN BRINGING THIS PROGRAM TO YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Training new hires takes time. The Legal Advancement Program from Thomson Reuters can reduce the time required to train your new legal professionals on the core practice skills they will need on a daily basis. The Program is a great way to supplement on-the-job training, enabling new hires to get up to speed quicker and become more productive contributors. Less time learning, more time adding value.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.